Sonic Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How even a little bit of personal information can get you into deep danger

Go down

How even a little bit of personal information can get you into deep danger Empty How even a little bit of personal information can get you into deep danger

Post by The Monkey Man Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:56 am

Giving away personal information is very dangerous. No matter how much you do it, it's ALWAYS dangerous. Most internet-related crimes throughout the years have been involved with victims giving away information, and usually they don't realise how much of a serious matter they're going to end up in.

Here's an example of how just little bits of personal information can get you in deep danger:

• First you tell someone your a boy.
  • Then you mention in a different conversation that you're in 7th grade.
  • You mention that you dressed in red and white to school today because that is your school uniform.
  • You say you live in Sydney, Australia.
  • You tell them your name is Barney.

With that information (even if it is spread out in several different posts at several different sites) I can figure out exactly which school you go to and narrow it down to every Barney in your grade. If you happened to mention you have short brown hair and glasses, I bet I could find you.
The Monkey Man
The Monkey Man
Administrator
Administrator

http://smbforums.my-goo.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum